Here's our list, along with who suggested each item. As you'll see, the grown ups had to do the bulk of the suggesting this year. I hope that as the tradition takes hold, the kids will make more suggestions of their own.
- Ride a surrey bike again (me- we had so much fun riding a surrey bike in Santa Barbara, I want to do it again!)
- Go to the aquarium (Pumpkin)
- Go to the dinosaur museum (Pumpkin- she is referring to the NAT, or the San Diego Natural History Museum, in Balboa Park)
- Hike to the top of a hill or mountain (Mr. Snarky- he has a likely hike already picked out)
- Go visit Mimi and Boppa again (Petunia)
- Go to New Zealand to see Nonna, Poppa, and Aunt S. (Mr. Snarky and I had to suggest it, but once the kids realized it was a possibility, they were excited. We're planning a trip during our summer school holidays.)
- Take a family trip to Orange County (me)
- Pick a day and watch TV all day long (Pumpkin, of course- I'm hoping for a rainy day to do this. It would be a shame to waste a nice day on TV!)
- Go to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park (me)
- Go to Legoland (Mr. Snarky)
- Go camping (Mr. Snarky)
- Explore a new neighborhood in San Diego (me)
|We'll be doing more of this in 2013!|
Regardless of what I do about the list of 100 dreams, I think I'll keep writing family fun lists. I'm hoping that as we get used to the idea of writing fun lists, our lists will get quirkier and we'll see and do things we might otherwise have missed. I'm also having a lot of fun brainstorming about things to do and planning them in, alongside the more prosaic things like "get the car serviced" (on our list for this weekend).
Have you tried writing "fun lists"? What would be on a list of family fun for you?