I'm always honored when some one includes me in a meme/list like this... but I confess, I suck at the follow through.
Here are the rules I'm supposed to follow:
Here are the conditions of the award:
1) Nominate 15 fellow bloggers
2) Inform the Bloggers of their nomination
3) Share 7 random things about yourself
4) Thank the blogger who nominated you
5) Post the award badge.
So, thanks FeMOMhist for nominating me! Here is a list of fellow bloggers. Really, pretty much my entire blog roll could be considered versatile bloggers, so I think I'll introduce some bloggers to each other who may or may not have already found each other.
There are the blogs I found via reading women in science blogs- these are written by people working in academia:
- Grumpy Rumblings of the Untenured, written by Nicoleandmaggie (yes, they really are two people, but its hard to tell them apart!)
- Academic Jungle, written by GMP
- Apple Pie and the Universe, written by Alyssa
- The Tightrope, written by Micro Dr. O
- The Bean Chronicles, written by The Bean Mom
- Hush!, written by, Hush.
- House of Peanut, written byAnandi
- Zen Master Moo, written by Zenmoo
- Parisienne Mais Presque, written by an American living in Paris
- Adventures of SarcastiCarrie, written by (take a wild guess...) SarcastiCarrie.
- Ramble, Ramble, written by Ginger
- Bad Mom, Good Mom, written by badmomgoodmom
- Antropologa, written by an American living in Sweden
Now, for seven random things about myself. I did a similar list earlier, but it doesn't come up when I search on "random things" and I can't be bothered searching more thoroughly. No doubt some of these will be duplicates from that list- I can't possibly have that many random things to share.
- One of the phrases I know in Swedish is "Can I have an ashtray." I do not smoke and have never smoked. My other phrases are much more useful: "thanks so much," "I don't speak Swedish," and "I don't understand."
- I don't really like to watch movies. Exceptions are made for Jane Austen adaptations and some Sci Fi films.
- I recognize the comic genius of Ricky Gervais but cannot stand to watch The Office or The Extras because they make me far too uncomfortable.
- I used to bite my nails, but managed to break the habit. I cannot, however, get in a good habit of flossing my teeth every night, so I am clearly not a master of self-control.
- I prefer beer to wine. I'm also partial to a good margarita.
- I thought the best thing about being pregnant was that I got to eat a lot of ice cream. Seriously, when I got pregnant with Petunia, one of my first thoughts was "Hooray! Bring on the ice cream!"
- I used to consider sandalwood my signature scent. I've gotten too lazy to keep that up, though, and now use whatever shower gel is convenient to buy and doesn't small nasty.