Today is release day for Okay, So Look, a humorous novella-length retelling of the Book of Genesis by Micah Edwards.
I suspect you're skeptical of this book. I was, too, when it first landed in my inbox. But I really enjoyed reading it- and I learned a lot about the Book of Genesis from reading it, so I knew I had to publish it. Everybody I've handed the book to has had that same skeptical look in their eyes, followed by the same "hey, this was a lot of fun to read!" reaction.
As the author says: "The Bible's full of fantastic stories, and it's a shame so many people miss out on them because they've heard that the book is just a collection of boring lessons sandwiched between tedious lists of begats. Nothing could be further from the truth! It's a collection of entertaining, bizzare and colorful stories sandwiched between tedious lists of begats."
Reviews are starting to come in.
- You can see several on the Amazon page. You'll have to read the book to find out why one reviewer is now calling her significant other Muppim.
- Natalie at Fill Your Bookshelf says "This book is hilarious."
If you're curious about the book, you can read a short excerpt on the Annorlunda Books website.
If you're ready to buy, all the links are on the Annorlunda Books page, but for your convenience, I'll put them here, too:
- Amazon (ebook and paperback)
- GumRoad (this is direct from my company, and includes the MOBI, ePub, and PDF)
You can also read it via a subscription service or your library (if they buy it!)
- Overdrive (one way your library can buy the ebook. It will also be in Baker and Taylor, or they can buy direct from Smashwords)
- Oyster (a service now slated to sunset in January- but you can still read books if you're already a subscriber)
It is obviously my pick of the week over atTungsten Hippo. If you're inclined to help me spread the word about this book, here are some ways you could help:
- Add it to your shelves on GoodReads
- Share the Tungsten Hippo facebook post about it or the book's fan page the author set up.
- Retweet the Tungsten Hippo tweet or one of the tweets from @AnnorlundaInc
- Reblog the Tungsten Hippo tumblr post
- Repin the Tungsten Hippo pin or the Annorlunda Books pin
- Share the Annorlunda Books email about it.
- Tell people about it!
As always, I am extremely grateful for any help you feel like giving me, and for the fact that you reas this blog. The end of the super busy period I created for myself is now in sight, so I hope to be back to writing more substantive posts soon.