Mimi tagged me for a six random things post. I've already done a six quirky things post, but I have decided that random <> quirky, and I don't have any other excellent ideas for a post, so I'll do a new one.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
And here are my six random things:
1. Mimi wrote about a brush with a famous person (the founder of the company that makes Blackberries). My brush with a famous person happened in Ireland. I was eating dinner at the restaurant in the Jury's Hotel in Galway with my then boyfriend. I noticed that the woman at the next table was Mairead Ni Mhaonaigh, the lead fiddler of the Irish trad group Altan. My random decision to purchase Altan's Island Angel CD was what had made me decide to start learning to fiddle (Up until then, I was a classical violist). I didn't say anything to her, though, mainly because I couldn't pronounce her name. I made my boyfriend teach me how to say her name in case we saw her again during our stay, but we did not.
2. My favorite flower is the stargazer lily. By random chance, that was one of the flowers that was available for my wedding bouquet, seen here looking a little worse for wear the day after the wedding. A cyclone had blown through the island a couple of weeks before our wedding, wiping out most of the flowers. If I'd hated stargazer lilies, I would have had a fairly sparse bouquet.
3. Pre-Pumpkin, my ideal sleep time was 8.5 - 9 hours. (I rarely got this much sleep, even then, but if left to sleep until I woke up naturally, I'd usually wake up about 9 hours after falling asleep.)
4. I've only had one pedicure in my entire life, on the day of my wedding. This horrifies some of my more carefully-groomed friends.
5. My favorite animal is the rabbit. I have married a man who comes from a country where rabbits have caused a huge amount of economic and environmental damage and are reviled as pests.
6. Hubby and I have a goal of spending a night in every U.S. state. We have made it to 14 so far: California, Arizona, Hawaii, Idaho, New Mexico, Tennessee, Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Maine. We only count a state if we visited it together.
As I mentioned in my post about quirky things, I don't have anyone to tag. Thankfully, this isn't like a chain letter and I am not now doomed to seven years of bad luck!
I love stuff like this. Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
Stargazer lilies are my favorite flowers! They were also in my wedding bouquet.
I've always wanted a bunny, but we got a beagle. You know, the dogs breed to hunt rabbits. So I won't be getting a bunny for many many years. But maybe before you do. ;-)
Great post! My tropical wedding only featured carnations in the bouquet: I love your stargazer lilies wayyyyyy more. Gorgeous.ReplyDelete